“A Refuge for Life”
The South Carolina Botanical Garden (SCBG) is a 295-acre garden and natural area that is a refuge for life. We exist for enjoyment and education and are available and accessible to all people. Our grounds are open and free-of-charge 365 days a year from sunrise to sunset.
A Premier Site For Experiencing
Nature and Culture
The SCBG experience includes 10,000+ plant species, nearly 4 miles of trails, our Heritage Gardens, historic Camellia Garden, Natural Heritage Garden, Schoenike Arboretum, Desert Garden, Fran Hanson Visitor’s Center, Fuller Art Gallery, Bob Campbell Geology Museum, Hayden Conference Center, historic Hanover House, and historic Hunt Cabin.
What Makes This Garden Unique:
- Natural Heritage Garden: Imagine a place where, in an hour or two, you can walk onto the barrier islands of South Carolina, wander through incredibly diverse long leaf pine savannas, explore 5,000 year old shell rings and Piedmont granite flat rocks and pass hundreds of carnivorous plants on your way to the wonders of the Piedmont and Blue Ridge forests!
- Chihuahuan Desert Garden: Our Chihuahuan Desert Garden is the largest collection of Southwestern plants at any botanical garden east of Texas. This Garden showcases 650+ varieties of plants, many of them found in no other exhibit in the Southeast.
- Bob Campbell Geology Museum/Jurassic Garden: Explore a wide variety of geological and paleontological exhibits, both indoors and out! Learn about the history of Earth’s geology, fauna, and flora!
- Historic properties – Hanover House and Hunt Cabin: Learn more about South Carolina’s history by visiting Hanover House (1716, NRHP) and the Hunt Cabin (1826).
- Children’s Garden: Discover a place where classrooms have no desks or walls, and where students discover the wonders of the natural world, inside as well as outside. The Children’s Garden is a unique, natural play space specifically designed for children, but intended to be enjoyed by all visitors. It is a place for unlimited whimsical, weird and wonderful adventures in the natural world.
Come And Visit Us!
Visit our website: http://www.clemson.edu/scbg
Call Us: 864-656-3405
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Us: 150 Discovery Lane, Clemson, SC 29634