“America’s First Sculpture Garden”
Brookgreen Gardens near Murrells Inlet, South Carolina encompasses more than 9,000 acres in South Carolina Lowcountry, located between Myrtle Beach and Pawleys Island. A National Historic Landmark, it is a beautiful combination of nature, art and history.
Brookgreen Gardens’ four areas of focus are American Sculpture, Lowcountry History, Botanical Gardens and the Lowcountry Zoo. The Huntington Sculpture Garden covers 35 acres and is an extraordinary collection of over 2000 works of art, spanning a time period from the early 1800s to the present.
Visitors may explore the thousands of acres in Brookgreen’s Lowcountry History and Wildlife Preserve. It is rich with native plants, animals, evidence of great rice plantations of the 1800s and the culture of the African slaves who sustained the area.
Walk the Lowcountry Trail with its archeological sites, tour the animal exhibits in the Lowcountry Zoo and the Domestic Animals of the Plantation exhibit or travel by boat or overland vehicle deep into the Preserve.
What Makes This Garden Unique:
- Finest collection of American Figurative Sculpture in the country, comprised by over 2,000 works by over 425 artists displayed across the stunning gardens and in three galleries.
- Recognized by American Public Gardens Association with the 2019 Award for Garden Excellence.
- Brookgreen collects, conserves, and exhibits the plants, animals, and cultural materials of the Lowcountry.
- Conservation and education programming share the history of the region, including that of the Gullah Geechee people.
- The property spans 9,127 acres including over 350 acres of public spaces.
Come and Visit Us!
Visit Our Website: www.brookgreen.org
Call Us: 843-235-6000
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Us: 1931 Brookgreen Drive,
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576